||I have advised clients on complex and politically-sensitive projects in Bosnia, Azerbaijan, Vietnam, Poland, Sudan and the United States. I have worked closely with U.S. and foreign government officials, NGO leaders, community activists,
diplomats, and military officers to advance the legal interests of my clients.
- Served as in-house legal counsel to two different international organizations each with several hundred employees and annual budgets greater than $15 million. Responsible for legal issues related to the organizations’ relationships with foreign governments, international organizations, and NGOs as well as internal, administrative issues such as procurement and employee relations.
- Advocated legal and policy positions to foreign governments, including Austria, Germany, the United Kingdom, Spain, and the United States. Engaged in advocacy on behalf of clients with the United Nations, North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), and various European Union
- Managed multinational teams of legal experts to draft a legal framework for the unification of Bosnia’s three ethnic armies, coordinating closely with NATO and other international organizations. Played a lead role in drafting legislation related to political party financing, conflict of interest, presidential succession,
and import and export of weapons in Bosnia. Provided legal advice regarding the drafting of a law on referendum in Vietnam, analyzed the legal framework for elections in Poland, and provided advice regarding voting rights in Sudan.
- Lobbied local, state, and federal government officials as a public interest advocate in the United States.
- Coordinated with public relations departments to communicate important legal and policy positions through the media.
- Lectured in international law and organizations at the University of California, San Diego.
- Earned a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Denver College of Law. President of the International Law Society. Member of the staff of the Denver Journal of International Law and Policy.
- Licensed to practice law in California and Colorado.